Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy rest of season

I've had a great chance to relax, train, and focus on good fishing and quality family time for the last few weeks, but the next 3 months is jam packed with traveling and serious racing. I will have only 2 weekends off from now until November. Uh.

The best part about it is that my 2010 Cannondale Flash arrived this week so I get to hammer on it for the rest of the year. I thought it was an empty box when I first picked it up, but there was a frame inside! It is so light - AWESOME. I hope to have it all together for Kamloops next week and for sure will be dialed in by the Leadville 100. I plan to put on the Stan's Wheels, Crud rotors, Kenda tires (maybe my new superlight Legend design??!), ODI grips, Magura Marta brakes, Schram shifters, Gore cables in white, Crankbrothers pedals, FSA carbon handlebars, Hollowgram cranks, CD Lefty fork, USE sumo seatpost, Fizik saddle, and my guess is that bike should be hovering right at 18 pounds when finished. It is so sweet! I'll post some photos when it's finished. Check out a story and photos on BikeRadar.com: Cannondale Ultimate Carbon Flash.

My plans are to be at altitude for at least 5 days prior to Leadville. I need to acclimate since I am a sea level resident and train mostly exclusively around town and in the mountains near my house. I need all the oxygen I can get for this one.

Here is the rest of the schedule:

July 27-31 Intermontane Challenge - Kamloops, BC
Aug 15 Leadville, CO 100
Aug 21-22 El Reto de los Mironeros - Lima Peru
Sept 5 100 mile MTB enduro in the UK
Sept 12 Tahoe, NV 100 MTB
Sept 19 Mount Charleston Hill Climb (road event)
Sept 21-25 Interbike, Las Vegas, NV
Oct 3 100 mile MTB in Pollack Pines, CA
Oct 9-11 Chupracabras, Juarez, Mexico
Oct 15-17 Piscah MTB Stage Race, NC
Oct 22-24 Suwanee Fat Tire Festival, FL
Oct 31 24 Hour Road race, Brazil
And I think that will do it for the year....maybe! :-) I still have a couple more events on the backburner.
Whew!

Keep the rubber sideways.

Tinker

7 comments:

Dr. Marc and Tanya said...

Wow, you are a bad A@*!
Best of luck!
MJ

kayak surge said...

Hey Tinker, where will you train at altitude? Leadville? Hope to see you here I just arrived today last time 5 days and I was on the low end of acclimating so no I am shooting for 15 days. Hope to see you soon!!! If I were a betting man I think you will be in the top three.

Tinker Juarez said...

Hey Kayak,
Thanks for the support! I have never taken altitude races as serious as I needed to mostly because of my ever busy schedule. This time I am heading up to Big Bear for a few days then to Leadville for 5 days prior. I am hoping that is enough. This is going to be a tough one but this is the best I can do. I've got a few really hard rides this week plus last week... will see.
Hope to meet you again in Leadville. Have fun and good luck.
Tinker

kayak surge said...

Thanks for the reply. I am at the hostel...Sergio. CYA

kayak surge said...

How's the training for Leadville going? I am tapering pretty soon, but 1 or 2 more rides. I would love to meet you for a handshake will you be at the Leadville Trail office any time soon?

CYA

Sergio

Tinker Juarez said...

Heading to Leadville right now... Look forwar to meeting you on the trail tomorrow.

JOSE ANTONIO said...

Hey Tiker como estas?,
te esperamos en Perú, El Reto de los Misioneros 2009, ya falta poco.
your friend
José Antonio.
www.perunavigator.com